|Canon C300 Mark II firmware|
If you own a C300 Mark II and you haven’t downloaded the newest update, you are really missing out on something great. The latest Canon C300 Mark II firmware delivers new features that improve the overall performance and convenience of the cinema camera. Here are some of the new features the latest firmware brings that you are definitely going to enjoy
Change Waveform Monitor PositionJust like most of Cinema EOS cameras, C300 Mark II comes with an internal waveform monitor. It is indeed a great feature and we certainly want to keep it. Unfortunately, the position of the waveform monitor is fixed in one place. As a result, it often covers important things that we want to monitor from the screen when we are shooting.
Thankfully, the version 22.214.171.124.00 firmware successfully addresses the issue. Originally, the waveform monitor is fixed on the right side of the screen. But now, you can easily move it to the bottom left part of the screen. This way, you can easily adjust the position of the waveform monitor so you can keep it active without disrupting your shooting.
AF Icon ImprovementThis might be just a small improvement, but it is really helpful. When you are activating the Face Only function, the color of the AF icon is now able to change. When a face is detected, the icon will turn white. But when the camera doesn’t recognize any face, the icon will be gray. This update is also available in C100 Mark II.
Additional Features for CN-E70-200 mm T4.4 L IS KAS SIf you have updated your Canon C300 Mark II firmware and you pair the camera with CN-E70-200 mm T4.4 L IS KAS S, there are some new features that you can enjoy. Some of them are dual pixel focus guide function, using Camera’s Control dial to manually control the iris and also using the joystick on the grip to zoom the lens.
Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 for the C300 Mark II incorporates support for Canon’s impressive EVF-V70 OLED Electronic Viewfinder and provides additional IEEE 802.11ac WiFi support with the WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter, as well as support for peripheral illumination correction when the EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens is attached. The full list of fixes and enhancements are:
- Support for the separately sold EVF-V70* OLED Electronic Viewfinder has been added.
- Shutter Angle Priority has been added. A constant shutter angle can now be maintained, regardless of any other camera settings being changed.
- Support for separately-sold the WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter has been added.
- Zebra range expanded below 65%.
- Zebra 1 setting range has been expanded to between 5% (±5%) and 95% (±5%) in 5% steps.
- The range of the Zebra 2 setting has been expanded to between 5% and 100% in steps of 5%.
- Audio off option added for the built-in microphone.
- The internal microphone on the camera body can now be turned off.
- In Browser Remote, the focus guide frame can now be displayed.
- Audio recording available during 2K Crop.
- Audio can now be recorded when the camera is set in 2K crop mode.
- Support for CFast cards (VPG130) has been added.**
- Support for peripheral illumination & chromatic aberration when the EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens is attached, has been added.
- Metadata related to the XF-AVC range has been corrected.
- The range of Canon Log/Log2/Log3 has been corrected to full range.
- The quality of autofocus has been enhanced.
- The operation reliability after changing the recording mode has been enhanced.
EOS C300 Models Gets Additional Wifi and Lens Support
There are two new firmware updates available for the EOS C300 cameras: version 188.8.131.52.0.0 for the EF and PL models and version 184.108.40.206.0.0 for the EOS C300 EF model with the Dual Pixel AF upgrade. Both versions of the new firmware provide additional IEEE 802.11ac WiFi support via the separately sold WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter.
The EOS C300 EF mount versions of the camera also support peripheral illumination correction when the EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens is attached. Additionally, when fitted with the CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS, and also the CN7x17 KAS S/E1 and CN20x50 IAS H/E1 lenses (provided lens firmware has also been updated for these two), the following functions are available:
- Autofocus using Dual Pixel CMOS AF is possible (with the exception of CN20x50 IAS H/E1) – with the EOS C300 with the Dual Pixel AF update only.
- Metadata, such as the model name and focal distance of the lens attached, can be acquired and displayed on the camera.*
- Peripheral illumination correction is supported.*
- Aperture can be adjusted manually by operating the camera’s control dial.*
- Settings can be changed so that the zoom can be operated using the joystick on the grip unit of the camera.
- The zoom/focus*/iris* can be operated using the separately-sold RC-V100 Remote Controller.
- The focus and iris can be operated via Wi-Fi Remote.*
- The automatic aperture and Push Auto Iris functions can be used.